There are numerous reasons for this to happen, they are all down to lack of air circulation or additional moisture in the property, some causes are – but not limited to the following;
- Window vents are closed
- The heating is turned off in a room and the door closed
- Stored boxes in a room are pushed up to the walls
- Extractor fans are turned off in bathrooms/utility
- Cooker hood not being used when cooking foods on hob with a high-water content
- Tumble dryer being used that does not vent to the outside
- Drying clothes on radiators or on racks inside of the house
In cold weather you may also see condensation settle on windows and external doors. This is due to the warm air inside contacting the cold surfaces, this is not a warranty issue, it’s very normal.
Mould can be removed using neat bleach on a cloth, this will remove the mould but may leave a stain on the surface below that you may need to paint over when decorating. Please consult the manufacturers user instructions when using any chemical in your home to ensure you are using it in accordance with their recommendations.